Warranty Terms and Conditions
For the original retail purchaser (“Consumer”), Pakayak LLC warrants our kayaks to be free of manufacturing defects for 24 months, for hull, clamps, and gaskets, beginning from the date of purchase (or, from date of shipment, if you are a Kickstarter backer).
This warranty is not transferable and does not apply to owner modifications.
Pakayak LLC retains the right to satisfy warranty via repair or replacement of products or of components deemed defective. In addition, Pakayak LLC reserves the right to replace original kayaks or equipment with comparable current products.
Registering for Warranty Service
The warranty registration form should be completed within 30 days of original purchase (or, 30 days of receipt, if you are a Kickstarter backer) to be activated. Please keep your sales receipt for proof of purchase as it will be required for warranty service.
Obtaining Warranty Service
In the event of a manufacturing defect, please complete the form below. We will get back to you with instructions. Any defect will either be repaired or replaced, at Pakayak’s option, at no charge to the Consumer and returned, shipping paid by Pakayak, to the Consumer within a reasonable period of time. Consumer is responsible for delivery to Pakayak. You will receive shipping instructions when we issue a Return Authorization Number. No boats will be accepted for warranty claims without a Return Authorization Number.
While this boat is a very durable product and will withstand many years of normal use, this warranty does not cover damage from misuse or abuse, improper care, accidents, or normal wear and tear as materials naturally breakdown over extended use and time. Additionally, variations in color and fading due to exposure are not covered by warranty.
Limitations and Exclusions from the Warranty
Violations of this warranty include:
- Using your Pakayak in low water where bottom surface conditions consist of sharp rocks or other abrasive items.
- Dragging your Pakayak over any dry surface.
- Using your Pakayak in whitewater conditions where it comes in contact with sharp underwater or surface objects.
- Towing your Pakayak behind a mechanically powered boat.
- Shipment of your Pakayak by other than a licensed carrier.
- Loading your Pakayak beyond the recommended safe capacity.
- Commercial or military use.
- Failure to follow approved care and maintenance instructions (included in owner’s packet).
- Kayaks designated as Prototypes.
- Kayaks sold as “demos” or in “as is” condition.
- Kayaks damaged by extreme weather or environmental conditions.
- Kayaks damaged while in possession of a freight carrier, a dealer, Consumer, or any party other than Pakayak.
This limited warranty excludes all other warranties, expressed or implied, including implied warranties of merchantability and fitness for a particular purpose, with regard to Pakayak kayaks. Some state, country, or provincial laws do not allow the exclusion of certain implied warranties, so the above exclusion may not apply to you.
This limited warranty excludes any incidental or consequential damages or expenses resulting from any defects. Pakayak LLC’s aggregate liability shall be limited to an amount equal to Consumer’s original purchase price paid for the defective product. Some state, country, or provincial laws do not allow the exclusion or limitation of incidental or consequential damages, so the above exclusion may not apply to you.
To the extent any limitation or exclusion contained herein is contrary to any country, state, or provincial law, such limitation or exclusion shall be severable and all other terms herein shall remain in full force and effect and are valid and enforceable. This warranty gives you specific legal rights and you may also have other rights. For Consumers who are covered by state, country or provincial consumer protection laws or regulations, the benefits from this warranty are in addition to all rights conveyed by such consumer protection laws.
To submit a warranty request, please fill out the form below: