If you are unable to watch the video, step-by-step instructions are below. The pieces fit together in only one way, so it should be quite simple. Plus, you can always refer to the Assembly Instructions sticker on the bulkhead beneath the towel.
You will be assembling the two halves of the boat at the same time on the towel, then you will lay them both down and clamp the two halves together.
FIRST TIME TIPS:
Read these Tips before First Time Assembly.
The clamps in this boat are very strong to ensure a watertight seal. Some of you may find the clamps hard to open and close at first. Here are some tips to make clamping and unclamping easier.
- When latching the clamp, rotate the lever until it’s in contact with the black band, then push the lever completely onto the pin before latching.
- Take a look at the clamp locations in the bow and stern sections (1 and 6) before clamping as they are hard to see once in place.
- When unlatching, the thumb latch does not need to be moved back much. Slightly push it back then pull up on the lever. Maintain a firm grip on the lever to control the spring release.
- When unlatching, brace your hand against the inside of the boat whenever possible. For the top clamp in section 1 & 6, brace your forearm on the inside of the hatch area for leverage.
- Those with tender hands might want to wear gloves to protect hands and get familiar with clamp tension.
Remember, it’s all about leverage and control. To keep the clamp from springing out of your grip, hold firmly and use leverage.
With the bag standing upright, unclip sides and unzip the bag. Flip the front over to reveal the Pakayak parts. Unfold towel (included) and lay on ground. Remove the foam seat that is nestled in the front bottom of the bag and put aside.
IMPORTANT: Check each gasket to ensure it is clean. Remove any debris before assembling.
Remove the first piece from the bag and place it on the towel with the instruction label facing up. This will be the bow tower.
Remove the second piece from the bag and place on other side of the towel with the bulkhead facing up. This will be the stern tower.
IMPORTANT: The clamps have a self-locking tab and a spring that keeps them open when not latched. If a clamp is not latched correctly, it will spring open.
Remove the third piece from the bag and place it on the bow tower. Open the hatch cover, reach inside and latch 4 clamps.
Remove the fourth piece from the bag and place it on the stern tower. Open the hatch cover, reach inside and latch 4 clamps.
Remove the tail piece from bag (look inside to see location of clamps). Place it on stern tower. Reach up inside the hatch and latch 3 clamps. Replace the hatch cover.
Remove bow piece from bag and place on bow tower. Remove the black wrap and secure it to a strap on the bag. Reach up inside hatch and latch 3 clamps. Replace hatch cover.
Lay each tower down and fit together making sure posts at the cockpit fit inside receiving hole on other side. Flip cockpit pad behind clamps and latch 5 clamps.
When cinched down, the bag can be taken with you while paddling. It fits behind your seat. Starting at the top, roll the bag down and fold the sides up. Using the provided cinch strap (Kickstarter Backers, use the backpack chest strap), loop through outside bag straps and cinch down. Slide behind seat back, wheels down.
Fit foam seat under flange and clip in two places. Flip cockpit pad over clamps and tuck ends into cockpit cowling.